Why Alkaline Water?
With a pH greater than seven, alkaline water is less acidic than regular tap water. While many people have heard of it, few understand the benefits that come with choosing water that has a lower concentration of hydrogen ions, and even fewer know how to change the pH of their drinking water.
Alkaline water has been shown to flush toxins from the body, stabilize your body’s pH, give a health boost to foods and drinks and hydrate the body faster. But the benefits don’t stop there!
The Benefits of Alkaline Water
Drinking alkaline water provides the following benefits:
- Increased oxygen levels
- Improved energy
- Boosted metabolism
- Antioxidant qualities (anti-aging, anti-disease)
- Rejuvenated skin
- Lubricated muscles and joints
- Reduced acid reflux
- Strengthened immune system
- Better overall health!
It’s more important than ever to keep our bodies as pure as possible, because of the contaminants we encounter daily. There’s no better way to do this than by drinking water that gives us exactly what we need and keeps the pH levels in our bloodstream at the optimum level for great health.
Getting Alkaline Water is Easier Than You Think!
We offer three different types of units to transform your tap water into health-boosting alkaline water.
- Countertop Unit – Provides a convenient way to instantly turn your faucet water into alkaline water, ready for drinking.
- Under Countertop Unit – Offers the same convenience as the countertop version, but stays tucked away in your cabinet, out of sight.
- Marine Unit – Bring the water you love to your boat so that you can remain health-conscious, even on the lake or ocean.
With these convenient units, drinking alkaline water is not only possible, it’s easy.
Is Alkaline Water Safe for Children?
Our children’s health is of utmost importance, and many people wonder if alkaline water is beneficial — or even safe — for their children to drink.
Not only does alkaline water provide the peak level of hydration your kids need, it also boosts their immune system, which means more days in school and fewer unexpected visits to the doctor’s office. Additionally, at a time in their lives when they are beginning to grasp the concept of stress and peer pressure, alkaline water helps develop mental and emotional stamina, giving them a better foundation for dealing with the trials of everyday life.
However, there are a few instances in which alkaline water may not be the appropriate choice for your child. These situations include:
- Water mixed with formula or baby food – Use the “neutral” setting on your ionizer so that contaminants are filtered out, but the pH of the water is not alkaline.
- The time window 30 minutes before or after giving medicine to a child – If your child washes medicine down with water, be sure to give them neutral water during this time frame.
- The time window 30-45 minutes before or after eating a meal – Just like with adults, children should not consume alkaline water during this time frame as it may interfere with proper digestion.
Drinking Alkaline Water After Exercise and Before Bed
Hydration is essential before, during and after physical activity — nothing gives your workout a boost like alkaline water. It replaces the balance of electrolytes in your body three times faster than other types of water. This makes alkaline water easily absorbed, allowing for a faster recovery after exercise.
Additionally, alkaline water has been shown to decrease fatigue and improve sleep — so drinking a glass one hour before bedtime can help you sleep longer and deeper.
Interested in learning more about the uses of alkaline water? Contact us today.