If you have been wondering if alkaline water is safe for your child, the answer is yes! Children can drink alkaline water safely while also experiencing its many benefits, just as adults do. When adding alkaline water into your child’s diet, there are a few industry-wide recommendations that you should take into consideration.
- Alkaline water should not be given to children 30 minutes before or after they take a dose of prescription or over-the-counter medication.
- Similar to adults, alkaline water should not be given to a child 30-45 minutes prior to a meal, with their meal or 30-45 minutes after their meal. Water should be produced at the neutral setting.
- If you have a newborn to a 6-month-old, you should only give them alkaline water at the lowest alkaline setting. Eight to sixteen ounces a day is all that a baby should need, but it is important to start giving your baby some water, even filtered water, as early as possible.
- Toddlers should drink around 44 fluid ounces of water each day. This means you can give your child water with a pH between 8.5 and 9.0. Only offer them one to two cups per day at first, and then gradually move up. You can also dilute your children’s juice with alkaline water.
- School-age children should drink around 33 to 66 fluid ounces of water every day. The amount is dependent on their size, weight and the amount of activity they do. You should stick with pH levels between 8.5 and 9.0 in this age of childhood.
- Teens should drink between 2 to 3 liters of water each day. Once your child has reached the teenage years, the pH level can be between 9.5 and 9.7.
Drinking alkaline water has many benefits such as:
- Balances pH levels
- Helps to stay better hydrated
- Aids in strengthening the immune system
- Eliminates free radicals
Drinking alkaline water helps to neutralize the body’s acidity and restore overall health. Peak Alkalinity is based out of Fairhope, Alabama and sells premium water ionizers and a line of supporting products to help you discover optimal health from the inside out. We understand the many benefits of having proper alkaline levels in your body, and we’re committed to helping you live the healthiest, most fulfilled life you possibly can. We also provide a variety of health and wellness services, including massages, mineral showers, and more. Let us help you reach peak alkalinity.
Contact us for more information about our alkaline water products or find a Peak Alkalinity location near you.